Add it to desserts and savory dishes to bring sweet refreshment in steamy months.
1. Grilled pineapple, chili, mint and chimichurri
Chimichurri is a punchy herb dressing usually paired with meat in Argentinan cuisine. It’s the perfect savory pairing for juicy pineapple fresh off the BBQ.
2. Roasted pineapple pina coladas
Pure poolside pleasure.
3. Pineapple and passionfruit cheesecake
This cheesecake gets a tropical makeover with the addition of pineapple and passionfruit puree. An Anzac biscuit base adds a nutty crunch.
4. Chargrilled pork and pineapple tacos (tacos al pastor)
A rich and vibrant mix of slow-cooked pork and sweet pineapple, with refreshing Mexican staples lime and coriander.
5. Pineapple and banana fritters
Crowd-pleasing and kitsch.
6. Pork souvlaki with pineapple and cucumber salsa
These juicy skewers are a Tex-Mex and Greek flavour-bomb of pork, smoked paprika, coriander, lime and pineapple.
7. Pulled pork rolls with tangy pineapple slaw
The taste of a summer BBQ in a roll. Serve these for friends and you are sure to win hearts.
8. Shortbread biscuits with pineapple jam
Pineapple may better less common the jam world than other fruits, but is a great way to make the most of a glut of summer pineapples. The jam works well also with plain yoghurt for a quick and refreshing dessert.
9. Rice noodles with pineapple, prawns and coconut sauce
Light, fresh and zingy, this Thai salad could be your new summer staple.
10. Sand whiting fillet with pineapple chutney
A batter infused with Indian spices and the homemade pineapple chutney brings the warmth of summer to this dish, and is a creative change from the usually battered fish formula.
11. Pineapple and orange upside-down cake
No pineapple list is complete without a pineapple upside-down cake. This version includes orange juice and zest in the cake batter, for extra brightness.
12. Pineapple pastels
These adorable little buns come from the tropical paradise of the Philippines. The combination of buttery brioche dough and a creamy pineapple-flavoured custard will have you reaching for more.
13. Coconut and rum granita with fresh pineapple
Whether it’s in a beverage or a dessert, the coconut-rum-pineapple combo is the taste of the tropics (and holidays).